The Instructor Course is a day long course, as prescribed by the Scout policy on Tomahawk Throwing (FS120011).
You will learn:
- How to provide Tomahawk Throwing as an activity for our young people
- What equipment can and can’t be used
- How to construct a range
- Throwing techniques and how to correct them
- Session plans, targets, competitions and games
You will need: Sturdy foot-ware & long-trousers. Training will be inside and out, so dress for the weather with waterproofs, layers, gloves, sun cream etc.!
We will provide: Coffee, Teas and Biscuits. Bring your own lunch
Times: 10th May 2020, 9am-4pm
Location: 11th Farnham HQ, Guildford Road Trading Estate, Farnham,
Cost: £30. Spaces are limited so pre-register to book a place.
Contact: Guy Elliot, 11th Farnham Cubs – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are extremely lucky to have a raft of Meetings, Training, Events, Activities organised/set-up just waiting for you to get involved; we are all volunteers, we all know time is precious, please take the opportunity to participate – have your say, learn, improve and have fun.
Check out our Website for information and updates: https://farnhamscouting.com/website/
Please follow our Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/farnhamscouting/
Date to remember:
- 3rd February – GSL/District Managers Meeting – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 5th February – SASU Planning Meeting – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 10th February – Scout Leaders Meeting – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 12th February – Planning meeting (part 2) – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 3rd March – District Exec – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 2nd June – District Exec – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 9th July – District AGM – Garners Field – 8pm
- 22nd September – District Exec – Garners Field – 7:30pm
- 8th December – District Exec – Garners Field – 7:30pm
Mandatory and Leader Training
- 14th March – Mandatory Training: Safety Course – Garners Field – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/mandatory-safety-training/
- 14th March – Mandatory Training: Safeguarding Course – Garners Field – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/mandatory-safeguarding-training/
Check out the Surrey Scouts Training – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/surrey-scouts-training/
- 14th March – Training Day – Garners Field – 2pm-4:30pm
- 27th-29th March – Surrey Explorers Survival School – Surrey Hills – https://www.surrey-scouts.org.uk/events/surrey-explorers-survival-school
- 24th-26th April – District – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/2020-family-camp/
- 26th-28th June – Scoutabout – South of England Showground, Ardingly – https://www.surrey-scouts.org.uk/events/scoutabout-2020
- 24th-7th August – European Jamboree – Poland – Good luck to our representatives
- 2nd-4th October – District Camp – Garners Field.
- May-21 – Frantic21 – joint Farnham, Hazelmere, Godalming Scouts and Guiding weekend event
- 22nd-23rd February – RYA Essential Nav and Seaman ship – Taylor Hall – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/rya-essential-nav-and-seaman-ship/
- 29th February – Climbing Training for Leaders – Garners Field – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/climbing-trainin…ermit-assessment/
- 29th February-1st March – NSRA Pistol Instructor Course – Taylor Hall – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/nsra-pistol-instructor-course/
- 7th March – RYA Sea Survival and marine safety – FULL
- 14th March – Raft build training and permit assessment – Garners Field – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/raft-build-train…ermit-assessment/
- 4th-5th April – Scout Permit Assessment & RYA Powerboat Level 2 – Hamble Sea Scouts – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/scout-permit-ass…-powerboat-level/
- 17th-18th April – Scout Yachting Permit Upgrades – Chichester – https://farnhamscouting.com/website/event/scout-yachting-permit-upgrades/
- May-20 – VHF Radio training and exam – Taylor Hall
- July-20 – Canoe and Kayak training – South Coasts/ Isle of Wight
If you are interested in any of the sessions in red please contact Dominic – email@example.com
Check out the Surrey Scouts Activities – https://www.surrey-scouts.org.uk/activities
If you would like to something specific set up please contact me ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can see what we can do; the aim is to have your say, learn, improve and have fun.
Book via: Surrey Scouts Training
The following workshops could be useful:
Safeguarding on Thursday 13th February, 7:30 to 10pm, Ripley
Safety on Thursday 5th March, 7:30 to 10pm, Ripley
Mods 1 and 3 on Sunday 15th March, in Guildford tba, 10am to 3pm
First Response Sunday 23rd March 10 a.m to 4p.m, Ripley
First Response Sunday 5th April 10a.m to 4p.m, Ripley
SASU Next Event:
5th February 2020 – Garners Field – 7:30pm Planning Meeting; what events are coming up this year, where is support needed and what social events do we want?
New Members Welcome
If you are over 18 and interested in supporting scouting you can be a member of Farnham District SASU.
Whether you have Scouting experience or not you can join in.
What is Farnham District SASU
- behind the scenes and largely out of uniform the Unit provides crucial support to the District.
There is the Monday Crew who maintain and improve our fantastic; from burning rubbish, field management – cutting back, clearing trees, maintaining wood pile, building maintenance. The crew ensure that the is set and ready for use throughout the year, and particularly site set up for
Every Saturday morning and Thursday evening in term times the Scout Shop opens in Farnham. Its run by our Manager and a team of volunteers who do one session per month each. The shop serves Farnham and surrounding districts and all profits go into District Funds.
We have catering and skills support for functions such as the District Camps, AGM and group event support.
But it’s not all work at SASU, most months there will be a social event, all activities run and organised within the Unit – such as skittles, BBQ, visit to medical museum, Christmas dinner.
There is always a welcome for new (or recycled) faces at SASU – you can dip in and out, help when you can.
If you are interested please contact us: email@example.com or just come along to one of our events.
It’s here again! It’s back!
Our favourite event of the year…..
Farnham District Scouts !!
Dates are :
April 24th to April 26th 2020.
Book here: https://farnhamscouting.com/website/. /family-camp-booking-form/
Cost: £12.50 person until 30th March, £15 after; 5 and under Free.
- Thursday: Caravan/motorhome must set-up, tent set-up
- Friday: Tent Set-up, Campfire, Bingo, Hot Chocolate
- Saturday: 9:30 am – 5pm Activities, Lunch 12:30-1:30pm; 6:30pm Silent Disco, Campfire Sunday: 9:30 am—12noon—Activities—Mr Giant, Crafts, Runway, Shooting, Climbing; 1:00 pm—St Georges Service
All unauthorised vehicles off site between 7pm Friday and 2pm Sunday
So don’t delay, book today!
Remember : All Campers over 18 must hold valid Scout Association DBS
See you at the……
Farnham District takes place every year and requires a whole army of volunteers to ensure that it is successful – more are always welcome and needed.
We need help at all stages, from booking to on the day, the more volunteers we have, the lighter the load and everyone can enjoy the day.
If you feel you could be part of the planning team, bring new ideas and help create another successful weekend then please come to our meeting Thursday 14th November 2019, 7:30pm at Garners Field. (Bridge is closed approach from Waverley Lane/Tilford Street)
If you are unable to make the meeting but happy to help, then contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can discuss.
- What has worked well, what should we continue/drop, new ideas
- St Georges Service Format
- Establish teams