DC Notes June 2018
It’s the District AGM on Thursday 12th July 8pm Garners Field, we usually get a couple of Mayors, a County Commissioner a few leaders and some hungryto help eat the food. I am very grateful for their support.
Why don’t you come? What do District do for you? Well!
- We do all the boring stuff making sure Scouting is well run within the rules.
- We provide a sound financial pattern for Farnham Scouting and in accordance with the Charity Commission
- We provide training for leaders including free first aid, safeguarding and Midas courses.
- Our appointments committee interview all new leaders.
- We maintain the Camp site
- We manage the and earn over £20,000.00 per year to spend on Scouting.
- We run The Scout Shop providing badges and uniforms all profits going to Scouting
- Our ADCs put on , and Scout Events every year.
- We put on .
- We maintain a website and had wifi and a telephone put in at Garners
- We have built a climbing tower, archery facilities, an activity trail and a shooting range, some of this needs more work which is planned.
- We tarmacked the road and installed borehole water with The Guides
- We are about to spend £133,000.00 on the Activity Centre, this needs fundraising and administrating when we get on site next January
See you at the AGM?
Congratulations to Paul Finning from the 3rds Cubs and Colette Grist from the 8ths Scouts who have been awarded their wood- badges.
Thanks to all the leaders and helpers at Bazazz looks like the Beavers had a great time.
Please register your interest in our Gang Show, dancers, singers, musicians, contortionists, rear of house, ticket sellers etc.… all are needed. Contact email@example.com
As I am writing this ourare camping in Sweden, hope to hear more at the AGM.
I am very pleased to hear that 8ths Rowledge are planning to open an Explorer unit in the Autumn this will bring the number of units in the District to five.
The 5ths are putting a defibrillator outside their hall in the Bourne and are planning training sessions for members, pub staff (The Fox opposite) and any interested locals. Training weekend is 8th-9th September.
I was joined by Cubs and Scouts from the 3rds at The Mayors Civic Service at St Andrews. We are The Mayors Charity this year and the collection was donated to Garners Goes Bananas.
At The 4ths AGM I learnt about their new hall plans and their fund raising activities. I presented woodbadges to Steve Rattan and Colin Bland and drank some Tea. (Traditional English Ale).
I presented Mark Ousey’s woodbadge at The Medical Corps Museum in Mytchet and had a great evening with 5ths Fox Troop.
Dates For Your Diary
4th July SASu BBQ 18.30 Garners
12th July District AGM 8pm Garners everybody welcome!
6th September SASu
25th September District Executive 8pm Garners
1st October SASu Chris’s Quiz 8pm Garners
6th-7th OctoberCamp Garners Field
12th-14th October District Scout Training Camp
12-14th October Districtsixers and seconders camp
6th November SASu Skittles Jolly Farmer
6th December SASu Christmas Dinner Daniel Hall
9th February Mayors Charity Concert in aid of Garners Goes Bananas
February-march District Gang Show??
26th-28th April 2019
22nd June 2019 SCRAM CountyDay