Hello and welcome to the Autumn Term.
I am Ann-Marie Vinnicombe, your new District Commissioner, as such I am going through a learning curve and wanted to share information about our District make-up.
Our District cannot run without the hundreds of adult volunteers across our Groups and at District level, as well as the support from the volunteers at County and HQ Gilwell.
The District has an Executive Committee, Manda Bragg being Chair, to ensure that we adhere to charity and Scout governance as well as amongst other things ensuring the District stays solvent.
We have Jack Fidler and Mathew Whitaker as District Youth Commissioners to support youth focus programmes.
Each Scouting Section has an Assistant District Commissioner to support our Group:
- Beavers – Ian Jacob
- Cubs – Nicky Clements
- Scouts – Karl Arnold
Our District has 8 Groups led by their Group Scout Leaders and Group Exec.
- 2nd Hale – Hale Rec. – Liz Larkin
- 3rd Town Centre – Daniel Hall – Neil Peerman
- 4th Tongham – Poyle Rd – Bill Weller
- 5th Bourne – Taylor Hall – Ian Turton&Liz Chart
- 7th Elstead – Village Hall – Paul Hammersley
- 8th Rowledge – Village Hall – Peter Everett
- 11th East Town – Guildford Rd – Graeme Morgan
- 12th Wrecclesham – Community Centre – Adam Chambers
We also have 4 strong Explorer Units co-ordinated by Ian Wilkins, District Explorer Scout Commissioner
- Eigar Tigers
Neil Peerman is the District ScoutCommissioner guiding a strong Unit
We also have a versatile Scout Active Support Unit, who are invaluable in supporting events across the District including the District.
Thank you to everyone who volunteers making Scouting possible.
If you want to book the site-check the calendar HERE
check our new map of the site to see what section you can booked.
To book the field for an evening/training – select Farnham District in Type of Organisation and then selection Yes for Group Training or Evening Use (Field) – this will prevent a charge invoice being sent.
Big thank you to Ken Powell ourManager and the ‘Monday’ Maintenance Crew without who the could not run.
If you could help let us know.
What have you been up to…
District Shooting –
Over the summer the Tongham Hogshots have won a number of shooting medals, CAMELOT POSTAL: Tia – Silver 6yd air rifle Div 4 Tom L – Bronze 6yd rifle Div 8 Tom O – Bronze rifle Div 12 Eloise – Bronze 6yd air pistol Div 1 SCOUTSHOOT 2019: Hamish L – Silver turning targets Hamish W – Bronze gallery rifle Eloise – Bronze ladies plate Eloise & Elliot(Fetcham explorers) – Silver pairs team JUNIOR INTERNATIONAL 2019: Eloise represented the Scout Association and improved her personal best by 20 points and came 11th in 10m air pistol
The next competitions are the Scout National Rifle Championships in October at Bisley and the Schools Pistol Championships so the Tongham Hogshots are all hoping to improve their personal bests in all the disciplines they enter. Kim White
Tongham Hogshots meet Friday 7-9pm Tongham Scout Hut – all members of the Scouts Association welcome.
Contact Hamish: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explorer andNational Camp
Switchboard 01252 729400
What’s coming up
- 4th-6th Oct District camp, Garners Field
- 14th Nov – meeting, Garners Field 7:30pm
- 10th Nov – Remembrance Parades
- 12th Jan-20 – District Do – 3rds Daniel Hall
- 14th Mar-20 – Skills/Module Validation Day
- 24th – 26th Apr-20 –
Who is fundraising:
4th Tongham Scout Hut:
Scout Association Important Info:
Little What do Do Cards –these can be found in the Scout Shop or alternative
follow the links below:
• Yellow – Safeguarding – https://scouts.org.uk/media/996788/Yellow-Card.pdf
• Orange – Young People Safeguarding –https://scouts.org.uk/media/914973/VO-Orange-Card_March2018-V4-Screen.pdf
• Purple – Emergency Procedures –https://members.scouts.org.uk/documents/safety/Emergency%20card%20(Purple%20Card)%20screen%202019%20v3.pdf
• Green – Scouting and Alcohol –https://scouts.org.uk/media/1041119/Green-Card.pdf
Scout Groups: https://farnhamscouting.com/website/home/farnham-scout-groups/